Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Another long hard day... and I've lost all of a kg!

Ok, so it's just after 7pm and we've touched base at a petrol station come rest area near a place called Pak Chong on the A2. According to Ros, we've done 33 km today and my feet probably wouldn't disagree with that. lIt looks like I've picked up a couple of new blisters during the course of the day and with the number of showers we've had today that I've been caught up in, I'll be lucky if I don't come down with a cold over the next day or so. Quite a few steep inclines to deal with today though getting my first proper view of Lam Ta Khong Dam when I came over the hill was something else. Wish I could have taken some photos but Ros had the camera and she wouldn't come back. I also had my second brush with the boys in brown today overlooking the dam though they seemed to be pretty pre-occupied checking the contents of lorry driver's wallets and they just waved me through their check-point. When it rained today, it really rained and I'm finding it hard going sitting these downpours out. We are definately at least 24 hours now behind schedule now and things could get worse if the elements are against us tomorrow and Friday. Arriving back in Saraburi by Friday evening could become a big ask the way things are going. If there's anything positive to come from today other than the milage I've been able to put in, it's that I weighed myself earlier today and I now weigh 97.2 kg. As I've been at least 98 kg for as long as I can remember, I've managed to lose some weight even if I feel as if I've been eating more than I usually do and drinking less (beer, anyway!). Guess I'll have to monitor things during the rest of the journey now and I'll keep you posted.

No comments: